Assembly Services Group
Founded in 1925, Ohmite Manufacturing has over 85 years of experience in value-added Electromechanical Assemblies. Many of our Power Resistor and Rheostat applications involve multiples of those components, assembled in series or parallel, to gain the required power output. Mounting brackets, wiring, soldering, and welding are among the techniques we use to fabricate these assemblies, which range from single-mounted resistors to 5000-watt braking resistor assemblies for the light rail industry.
- Punch Presses, Fly Cutters, and Progressive Dies operate in our tool shop to manufacture the necessary subcomponents for your application.
- Molding Presses are used to supply epoxy-molded subcomponents.
- Glass Frit is made every day, on site, to provide high-temperature protective coating compounds.
- Wire Strippers and Terminating Tools are on site for connector fabrication.
- Wire Winding and Welding Equipment are abundant in our 75,000 square foot Matamoros, Mexico, manufacturing site as part of our ongoing components business.
- Competitive Labor Rates keep our costs competitive, while our location (just across the border from Brownsville, Texas) gives us the proximity to support timely deliveries into North America.
Since the merger of Ohmite and Victoreen Components in 1999, the combined companies have developed an extensive array of custom Thick Film product solutions. Among these are Heaters, Sensors, Ionizer Bars, Voltage Dividers, and High Voltage Resistor-Capacitor Networks. The growth of applications in medical monitoring, hightolerance gauges for fuel measurement, and detection of environmental contamination has driven significant advances and innovation in our custom thick-film range of capabilities.
- Thick Film can be applied to a variety of substrate materials, including ceramic, FR4, insulated metal alloys such as stainless steel and aluminum, aluminum nitride, or plastic.
- All printing is carried out on either manually fed or automated screen printers in sheet form in order to maintain print registration.
- Conductor materials include Gold, Palladium Silver, Platinum Silver, and Silver with Line Width and Spacing from 0.004" to 0.008".
- Thick Film processing is conducted in a QS9000 Approved facility with a Clean Room Environment approaching Class 10,000.
- Over 500,000 square inches of capacity for Printing and Firing daily. Double-sided, Multilayer, and Via capabilities included.
- Maximum 6" x 5" substrate size. Resistance tolerances down to 0.25%. 0.10 to 1000 megaohms per square.
- Glass based, low and high temperature, UV Curable, and Silicone based Dielectric Materials.
- Conventional and Scan Cut laser trimming capabilities for highenergy thick film applications.
In order to provide the broadest range of value-added assembly services, Ohmite has invested-in and developed a PCB Assembly capability to support our customers. Using manufactured, sourced, or customer-supplied components, Ohmite specializes in low to mid-volume, high mix, PCB assembly of through-hole and SMD components.
- Substrate types include FR4, Ceramic, Insulated Steel or Insulated Aluminum.
- Maximum width of 12", maximum length of 47".
- Surface Mount, Through-Hole, or Mixed Component types.
- Single or double-sided placemats.
- ISO 9001-2008 Approved Facility
- Prototype to Production Design Engineering support.
- Cost reductions through manufacturability and expert component sourcing.
- Short supply line from the Mexico-Texas border into North America.
- Inventory Management Services for all subcomponents.